Music

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Frazor Recording!



Finally! A chance to sit down with a cup of coffee and share what I've been doing the last week and a half.

Since Thanksgiving, I've spent my time with the Frazor Evangelistic Team. Jeremy and Misha Frazor and their family travel in evangelism. The Lord has blessed them with a wonderful team comprised of their family and 5 single adults: Aaron Boyce, Joe Kopp, Kaytlynn Wood, Jennifer Davenport, and Kathy Flack. I had the privilege of traveling with Jeremy and Misha my first two years on the road with Steve Pettit. Since then, we've continued a close relationship even though we work in different ministries. Misha first approached me last summer about the possibility of their team doing their first recording. I became very excited and began prepping Misha on all that would need to be accomplished before they entered the recording studio. Their team worked hard all this last fall, and finally the week of recording came: November 29 thru December 3.

My role in the recording was the director. I was the voice in the headphones. I determined the recording schedule, gave last minute instruction and advice, and made important recording decisions. I worked alongside Ben Vawter, our engineer at Aire Born Studios in Indianapolis, IN.

The team did a great job all week. Misha played the flute and whistles, Kaytlynn played the violin, Joe played the mandolin, and Jeremy and Aaron played the guitar. The whole team was involved in singing. They were musically prepared and sang from their hearts. We worshiped the Lord as we recorded the music.

There are a great variety songs on this cd. Here's a few: There is a Fountain, What Grace is Mine, Beneath the Cross of Jesus, Shadow of the Cross. We hope to release the recording in late January/early February. Pray as we finish up the mixing and begin the process of artwork and licenses. Praise the Lord for a wonderful week with friends and the privilege to be a part of such an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment